1. Ikea: over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company?
Over-hyped and confusing. We don’t own any of their furniture because we’ve helped many friends assemble it (I have this weird knack for assembling furniture) and it was way too complex for what it was. On top of that, I’ve been in Ikea stores three times. I hate them. I’ve been assaulted by people who can’t drive those stupid carts they give you and people there are just rude. So thanks, but no thanks.
2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why?
My bedroom. I just have no style in there. Then my kids’ rooms.
3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now?
I had a bed, a dresser, maybe a chair? Nothing overly spectacular.
4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? Donate it to Goodwill OR Sell it on Craigslist OR Put it by the curb and hope the trash guys take it?
5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as
so random and varied it’s undefinable
So random and varied it’s undefinable
6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why?
Storage. My kids also love having a table and chairs.
7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want?
When Jeff’s parents moved they gave us their bedroom set because we didn’t have one. We also had our choice of furniture pieces that belonged to Jeff’s grandmother. We chose a secretary desk. His brother ended up rejecting the dresser they were giving him, so we took it rather than have it be sold because it was family.
8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret?
This isn’t really home decorating, but even with a one car garage, we should have gotten a two car driveway.
9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to Ethan Allen, Ikea, Pottery Barn Kids?
Pottery Barn Kids
10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds?
For our kids. One has a full, one has a queen (that would be Shelby who doesn’t share a room) and one has a trundle. If we have a fourth child and if we have a boy, we’ll add a loft over the trundle.