These questions were written by Chelsea. The theme is : Valentine’s Day!
1. How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?
I don’t have strong feelings either way. When I was single, I hated it. Now that I’m married, it’s pretty much like any other day. I did get Jeff a card. It was perfect, if I do say so myself, but it is easier to make special time for each other on days that AREN’T Valentine’s Day…that being said, my patron for 2012 is St Valentine of Rome and as I have prayed over the past two years for my marriage to be strengthened, I do look at this day as a little more special this year.
2. Are you in love?
3. What is your favorite love song?
In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel (and no, that is not influenced by John Cusack holding up the boom box blaring it outside Ione Skye’s window in Say Anything. Well, maybe, a little…40%…nevermind.)
4. Did your parents do anything for you on Valentine’s Day when you were a child?
One year we got chocolates. I don’t remember other than that.
5. What is your love language? (Click here if you want to take the quiz.)
Physical touch. Jeff’s is acts of service. We have to work pretty hard to be compatible sometimes.
6. How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Gifts? Dinner?
Most years we are lucky to exchange cards. Don’t feel sorry for me. I am just happy to have a Valentine.
7. What is your favorite flower?
Sunflowers, calla lilies, roses, gladiolis, dahlias
8. What is your favorite love story? (Book and/or movie.)
Pride and Prejudice
9. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? Or you have done for someone?
I put the number one answer up on facebook, so I’ll put something else up here. One day last year all three kids were sick. It was pretty bad. Jeff was at work all day and when he came home, he told me to go lie down while he got the kids settled. Then he came in. I looked, well, like I had been dragged across I-40 covered in glass, and he told me I was beautiful.
10. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
Read about it here… it’s #1.