Every week Sherry over at Chocolate For Your Brain hosts Small Successes which is a chance for us all to celebrate the successes large and small we have had over the last week. Here are some of mine:
1) I managed to get Shelby to ECU by myself (having never been there before), got her through her evaluation and she will be receiving a Dynavox device to assist with her speech.
2) I also managed to get all three kids up 40 to Goldsboro to my mother-in-law’s house in a very dangerous rain storm the day before. It was terrifying but we prayed for our patron saints’ and guardian angels’ protection and they did not let us down!
3) I listened to my body last week and went to bed at 8:30 on Thursday night after being on the road most of that day with my kids. The house was a wreck and I wasn’t unpacked from our overnight trip and I REALLY wanted to see my shows, but I curled up and went to bed. And I was a happier, better person the next morning!
4) I did not freak out Tuesday morning when my boys both suddenly were covered in poop…I just put them in the shower and hosed them down. I am sure we will not have a repeat anytime in the near future of the shenanigans that led to to that sorry state of affairs.
5) I started eating my healthier steel cut oats for breakfast. I like them…little bit of a texture issue, but nothing I can’t persevere and get through.
This week I’ll: continue to work out (100 workout, let’s do this!) and actively seek out some new healthy choices.