This week’s questions were provided by, well, by me! Kristen at St. Monica’s Bridge!
All about Pasta
1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
Typically red because I have a tendency to break white sauce (Jeff can make it though!).
2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
Both. To twirl I like capellini. To stab I like penne.
3. Baked or boiled?
I actually liked baked better, but I typically boil, quicker with kids!
4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
My husband trained our kids to only eat meat sauce. But I load up on vegetables, even puree them to get them all in.
5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
In my grandma’s kitchen! There are definite benefits to an Italian grandmother!
6. What is your favorite pasta dish?
Eggplant parm, chicken parm, manicotti, and stuffed shells
7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
8. What type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?
I use regular old noodles typically. I am intrigued about trying spaghetti squash though.
9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
Hamburger, chicken, sausage, veal when I can get it cheap and carrots, peppers, onions, sometimes zucchini (puree it) and tomatoes and mushrooms
10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)
I used to make a “Sunday gravy” which is a huge pot of sauce to use through out the week all the time. Since having kids, I typically just open a jar of Ragu on weeknights. Now that it is fall though and I’m home full time, I’m going to go back to gravy!