1) Well, our plans last weekend for Joey’s birthday fell through. Football game cancelled due to weather and subsequent party cancelled due to Jeff’s mom being in the hospital but did I get upset, no I did not. We combined his birthday and Bella’s Christening with my family and Jeff’s dad and step-mom came over and took me and the kids out for another mini-celebration. Did Joey mind, no he did not…he thinks EVERYDAY is his birthday!
2) I am leaping to a new and wonderful opportunity to babysit my neighbor’s little guy for a few weeks in October. He’s a great baby, he’s already used to 3 older brothers so my three kids will be no problem for him and I’m helping a fellow mom while her husband is out of town for work. WIN–all the way around!
3) I did surprisingly well with the changes to facebook. In fact, I was almost blase about it. Learning to decide what to freak out about in life is very cathartic!
4) I handled some surprising news from Shelby’s school very well, for me. I also did not jump on a bandwagon or to conclusions and I waited until all the facts were in before I made my judgment. Whew, saved myself a lot of upset that way!
5) I managed to cook for dinner every day for a week. No frozen pizza or take out. I was on point…but I advised my family not to expect that every week!