This week’s questions were provided by Katy at Living as Livingstons. She sent 11 questions and I liked them all so I kept them. If you have a problem with that, just choose one that you don’t want to answer!
1. Do you listen to the radio in your car? If so, what type of station do you like?
Up until this past spring I did. That was when my car radio died but I kept it on Public radio exclusively.
2. What is the best concert you have ever attended?
Red Hot Chili Peppers on Californication Tour in Raleigh and all my Bruce Springsteen concerts: 2 for The Rising, Chapel Hill and Charlotte and 1 for Devils and Dust, Greensboro
3. What is the most embarrassing concert you have ever attended?
Don’t have one 🙂 okay, maybe Kenny G. My parents took us.
4. If you could have the singing voice of anyone in the world, who would it be?
5. You’re auditioning for American Idol. What song do you sing?
Not gonna happen.
6. If your previous weekend had its own soundtrack, what would be a few of the songs?
“I could not ask for more” by Edwin McCain would be #1 for sure, “I Hope You Dance” by LeeAnn Womack, and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (yes, it was a weekend of parental pride and surfing!)
7. Most annoying television show theme song ever:
I’ll Be There For You from Friends
8. Are you and your significant other music-compatible?
Yes, very much so. In fact, he said he knew I was the girl he was going to marry when I said I loved Neil Young. He said, “No girls love Neil Young!” (well none that he had met up til then) I like more rap than he does and he likes the Grateful Dead and Ted Nugent (both of whom I don’t) but we’re pretty good other than that!
9. A song that brings me back to middle school:
Middle school was pretty much a blur of Eddie Vedder and Kurt Cobain…so probably Smells Like Teen Spirit
10. A song that brings me back to high school:
Our senior class song: Good Riddance by Green Day
11. A guilty pleasure song (or three):
Oh Sherry by Steve Perry