Okay, I’m a 365 failure…again, but since I am giving up facebook for Lent this year (and you guys, please pray for me on this one!) I wanted something that would help me get back into blogging. When my friend Tysa started this a few days ago I answered her in the way of one of our favorite sitcom characters Barney Stinson: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Here’s the challenge:
Day 01 – A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Day 02 – A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.
Day 03 – A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 – A picture of your night.
Day 05 – A picture of your favorite memory.
…Day 06 – A picture of a person you’d love to trade places with for a day.
Day 07 – A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 08 – A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 – A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 – A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
Day 11 – A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 – A picture of something you love.
Day 13 – A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 – A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 – A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 – A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 – A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 – A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 – A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 – A picture of somewhere you’d love to travel.
Day 21 – A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 – A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 – A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 – A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 – A picture of your day.
Day 26 – A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 – A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 – A picture of something you’re afraid of.
Day 29 – A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 – A picture of someone you miss.
So we are on Day 1: a picture of myself and 15 facts
This is me circa 1997, the summer before my senior year of high school. In fact, it was one of my senior pics….onto 15 random facts about me.
1) I have a pathological fear of stairs and stair cases. I’m thinking I fell down a lot of stairs as a kid…the absolute worst is are spiral staircases. Like in a lighthouse, ask my dad about that sometime.
2) I didn’ t believe Shelby was a girl until I changed her first diaper. Seriously. In my defense I grew up with three brothers and married into a family of four boys. My entire pregnancy all I heard was, “the Herretts only make boys,” so when Jeff said, “It’s a girl!” I didn’t believe him. I thought he (and the nurses and my doctor) were pulling one over on me. Most of his family was in shock too.
3) I have a tooth missing. It’s not in the front, but a permanent tooth never grew in under the baby tooth and it started falling apart around the time I turned 25 so my dentist pulled it. I was supposed to get a bridge or an implant, but then I got pregnant and started having babies and so no tooth there still. Someday I’ll be forced to do something about it.
4) When so many ridiculous things start happening in my life, I quote Billy Currington (thank you Stephanie Cheers for telling me who sang that), “God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.”
5) I love ethnic foods. Particularly Chinese and Mexican but if my choice is an “American grill” type place or an ethnic restaurant, I almost always go ethnic.
6) Ironically, for me, I think the newborn phase is my easiest mothering phase because I know they just need to eat, be changed and be cuddled. There are no strange toys to figure out, no absurd requests, and no senseless temper tantrums. I know, I’m crazy, it’s just the way God made me.
7) March 1st is national Pancake Day, so guess what’s for dinner. It’s also the start of National Peanut Butter month, so guess what I’m dressing my pancakes with mmmm….
8) I’ve never read Pride and Prejudice. I love Sense and Sensibility, so I’m not sure why I never read Pride and Prejudice. I know the story…I think this needs to be remedied.
9) I am on a quest to make my husband better read. I pulled out Slaughterhouse Five by Vonnegut for him and he left it here. Guess what next weekend will be like! He’ll get read aloud to!
10) If I could pick any one super power to have, it would be to breathe underwater.
11) If I had to pick one sci-fi character to be, it would be a Jedi Knight. Any of them!
12) I used to think having one of those “predicting weather joints” was cool. Now that I have one, not so much.
13) I REALLY like 80’s music, jazz, Bollywood, grunge/emo, and country. There is no type of music I dislike, I just like those best.
14) I hate changing passwords. I’m just sayin’
15) My all-time favorite movie is The Crow.